Drones have come a long way since their inceptions and now the companies are working on adding many smart features to the drones to make the drone flying experience as enjoyable as possible. Follow me Mode is one of those features which is getting great response by the community. They use this feature for various purposes ranging from taking shots from unique angles to mountain biking. If you also want to use the follow me mode and looking for the best drones with follow me mode, then we can help you with it. In this comprehensive guide, we will share some best Follow me drones you can buy in 2020. Let’s get started….What is the best follow me drone?
DJI Mavic Mini
The DJI Mavic Mini is one of the best drones by DJI for entry-level Market. DJI Mavic Mini doesn’t come with dedicated follow me mode but it comes with Active Track, which is a more advanced feature. In this feature, Mavic Mini uses advanced image recognition to actively track the object. All you have to do is to draw a box around the object you want your drone to follow and the drone will do automatically.
- FEATURES: Weighing under 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. This makes it portable and places it in the lowest and safest weight class of drones
- GIMBAL CAMERA: Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage
- REMOTE CONTROLLER: A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD video feed at a distance of up to 4 km. Detachable control sticks can be stored inside the remote controller for added portability
- FLY APP: The new DJI Fly app offers a simple and intuitive user experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots. It even has Flight Tutorial to help you get started quickly and safely
- CONTENT: Aircraft x 1, Remote Controller x 1, Intelligent Flight Battery x 1, Pair of Spare Propellers x 1, Micro USB Cable x 1, Gimbal Protector x 1, RC Cable (Micro USB connector) x 1, RC Cable (USB-C connector) x 1, RC Cable (Lightning connector) x 1, Pair of Spare Control Sticks x 1, Spare Screw x 1, Screwdriver x 1
Active Track is much more efficient than GPS Follow me mode because in areas with buildings, trees, and other obstacles, GPS signals are not very strong and in these areas, Active Track offers a much better performance. Mavic Mini can also record 2.7k Footage at 30 FPS and it also comes with 3-axis gimbal to ensure that your footages are smooth.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is arguably one of the best follow me drones you can find in 2020. Mavic 2 Pro comes with the Active Track 2.0 which allows you to intelligently follow the object you want to track using advanced image recognition. It also uses the Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing feature, which allows the drone to detect obstacles in any direction. Moreover, It can also fly around the obstacles using its Advanced Pilot Assistance System (APAS). The Mavic 2 Pro is also equipped with many other advanced features that make the drone flying experience more enjoyable. If you are looking for an advanced follow me drone with the foldable design then DJI Mavic 2 Pro is a great option for you.
- MAVIC 2 PRO WITH HASSELBLAD CAMERA Mavic 2 Pro comes equipped with the Hasselblad L1D-20c camera helping users to capture gorgeous 20-megapixel aerial shots in stunning color detail
- 1-INCH CMOS SENSOR The brand new 1-inch CMOS sensor has an active sensing area allowing better performance in low-light environments with an extensive ISO range max ISO lifted from 3200 to 12800
- HDR VIDEO With 4K 10-bit HDR support the Mavic 2 Pro can be plugged into a 4K TV with HLG and will immediately play back footage with the right color tones
- ADJUSTABLE APERTURE The f/2 8-f/11 adjustable aperture delivers outstanding image quality both in high and low-light environments (f/2 8 in low-light environment f/11 in well-lit environment)
- DJI Every idea every revolution that changes our world starts with a vision DJI offers creative people the tools they need to bring their ideas to life
The Parrot Anafi is another advanced drone that comes with the very accurate follow me Mode. Anafi is a 4K drone and it comes with many innovative features that make it one of the best drones for the professional. It also comes with the Follow Me mode, which allows the Anafi to follow you and capture the ultimate action with its 4k drone. The company uses the advanced AI and visual tracking system which allows the drone to follow you with no problem. Its camera also comes with video modes such as Hyperlapse and Slow-Motion, which you can use in combination with Follow me mode to get some great footage.
The Potensic D85 is one of the best follows me drones in the Market. It comes with a High-Quality camera which can capture the footage in 2k. It can also transmit the live Video over 5G Wifi FPV. The drone comes with very useful Follow Me mode, which you can use to capture the ultimate action with the 2K camera. Potensic D85 is also equipped with dual positioning systems: GPS & GLONASS. These dual GPS positioning systems ensures that you get the accurate positioning of your drone. If you are looking for a 2K drone with good follow me mode then Potensic D85 is a solid option for you.
DJI Mavic Air
The DJI Mavic lineup features some of the best drones out there and the DJI Mavic Air is one of them. It is a very powerful drone that comes with some impressive features and a lower price tag. It is capable of recording 4K footage and it also features the 3-axis stabilization to ensure your videos are smooth. Just like other DJI Drones, the DJI Mavic Air is also equipped with the ActiveTrack feature which offers the best object tracking. It uses advanced Image recognition to actively track the objects. The combination of 4K Camera, Lower price tag, and Active Track make DJI Mavic Air one of the best follow me drones.
- ULTRA-CLEAR DETAILS: Capture impressive 48MP photos with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor while the 3-axis gimbal lets you create extra smooth 4K/60fps video
- CINEMATIC CAPTURE: Mavic Air 2 supports Hyperlapse in 8K, allowing you to warp time and space for especially stunning footage, you can achieve this shot without complex post-processing
- FLY LONGER: The impressive battery life of up to 34-min allows you to pull off epic shots while the obstacle avoidance system uses forward, backward, and downward sensors for improved safety
- FLY FARTHER: OcuSync 2.0 has a video transmission distance of up to 6 km and can also deliver 1080p FHD resolution live stream directly from the drone’s camera
- FLY SMARTER: Spotlight 2.0 keeps the camera locked on a subject while you fly freely. ActiveTrack 3.0 keeps the subjects in the centre of the frame. Thanks to POI 3.0 the camera can track objects
The DJI Spark is an entry-level drone by DJI which is geared toward drone enthusiasts. In this drone, you get some advanced features such as Hand gestures which allow you to use various features using the gestures. It comes with an FHD camera that can record the 1080p footage with 60 FPS. DJI Spark is also equipped with the Active Track feature that can help you track the object. In this feature, the drone will be using its camera and image recognition algorithms to track the object. Overall, DJI Spark is one of the best follow me drones for enthusiasts.
- FLY EASY: The DJI Spark is very easy to use thanks to DJI's various signature technologies. You will be able to fly the drone for up to 16 minutes at a time with a fully-charged battery.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMERA: The DJI Spark has a high-performance camera allowing you to take amazing images and videos thanks to its 2-axis mechanical gimbal stabilisation system.
- INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES: The DJI Spark has smart, reliable and intuitive flight modes letting you shoot pictures and videos exactly how you want them. It is also compatible with DJI Goggles.
- HD WI-FI VIDEO TRANSMISSION: The DJI Spark drone comes with a remote controller, which allows for 720p real-time video transmission from up to 1.2 mi (2 km) away.
- ABOUT DJI: As a Chinese technology company based in Shenzhen, commonly referred to as the Chinese Silicon Valley, DJI is a leader in drones for aerial photography and videography.
DJI Phantom 4
The DJI Phantom 4 is top of the line Drone by DJI which is geared toward the professionals. It comes with the Active Track feature as well as Terrain Follow me. In Active Track, Phantom 4 will use its camera to follow the object. In Terrain follow me mode, Phantom 4 will keep following the object at the uneven surface by keeping a certain height. The drone also comes with an advanced obstacle avoidance system which allows the Phantom 4 to follow you while avoiding obstacles. If you are looking for a professional drone with the best follow me mode then you can’t go wrong with DJI Phantom 4.
- 1 Inch, 20-megapixel sensor
- Able to shoot 4K at 60fps
- Mechanical shutter
- Obstacle sensing in 5 directions
- Remote controller without built-in screen
These are some of the best Follow me drones you can buy in 2020. As you can see, DJI drones are dominant in this list because DJI is the most popular drone company in the world and the company has invested a lot of money on its Active Track feature to make it the best in class. You can use the above-mentioned drones without any problem because these drones come with the best follow me modes. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides – you might also be interested in the best drones under 1000 and Phantom 3 vs Phantom 4: Which one is better?