Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Drones come in every shape, size and price segment. There is a wide variety of drones available in the market and it is not an easy decision to pick the right drone. The pro-level drones come with great features and cameras but they usually cost a fortune. The drones under £300 are considered an ideal choice for enthusiasts because they still provide some great features and image quality without costing you tons of money.
Best Drones under 300 – What can you expect?
When it comes to under £300 drones, you can expect a decent flying time of around 15-30 minutes and the control range of more than 200 meters. You can also expect the sub £300 drones to capture great photos for casual use. For this price range you will be looking at quadcopters rather than Octocopter drones. In this comprehensive guide, we will share some of the best drones under 300…
Holy Stone HS720
Holy Stone HS720 is a great drone that you can get for just £299.099. It comes with the 2K FHD camera which can capture the footage in 2048 x 1152 resolution. The camera also features the shock absorption holders which ensure that you get the smooth footage. The GPS Assisted intelligent mode ensures that the drone gets back to you when the battery is low.
- 4K UHD Camera with Image Stabilization: The optimized full HD Camera built with Shock Absorption holder ensures shooting 3840 x 2160 high resolution images and videos without camera vibration. 5GHz FPV transmission and 90°adjustable lens enables you to see the world from different angle.
- GPS Assisted Intelligent Flight: Never lose the drone. It returns automatically whenever battery is low, signal is lost or you press one key return. Also, it is so smart to fly at your will, following you automatically, flying along a path you set, or fly around a point in circles. You may focus on your photography and creation.
- Configuration Upgrade: The intelligent battery works for 26 Mins for each charge; the long-life Brushless Motors have lower power consumption and give you a quieter flight; the foldable design and well-fitted carrying case make it easy to take the drone outdoor.
- Simple Operation: Equipped with Multi Sensors guarantee hovering with great stability and high quality pics taken under different flying environment; Optical Flow Positioning makes great effect when GPS signal is lost or weak. Functions, like one key start/stop, emergency stop, altitude hold and safe flight, keep it simple to control for even beginners.
- Considerate Controller: The control range of 2.4GHz transmitter reaches to 3000 feet high range; battery level and GPS signal shown on the LED screen; a button to turn on or off the drone light is added; right hand throttle mode is available for left-hander. Remember to remove the scratch-proof film from the controller and the camera before use.
The Holy Stone HS720 drone also comes with advanced features such as one key start/stop, emergency stop, altitude hold, safe flight and many more. It is an ideal drone for the beginners as well because of its simple controls. If you are just a beginner and want to get your hands on a decent drone then Holy Stone is a great option for you.
- Flying Time: 26 Minutes
- Control Range: 3000 Feet
- Camera: 2K FHD
DJI Phantom 3
DJI Phantom 3 is a professional-grade drone that can help you capture some great photos. The drone features the camera which can capture the 4K video and 12 MP Photos. It comes with integrated 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal which ensures that you get the stable footage.
The drone also comes with an intelligent flight system which makes it easier to handle the drone and the drone handles the complex aspects of the flight with simple commands. The new DJI Phantom is pretty expensive but you can easily find the used one on Amazon and in spite of being used, it will still offer much better performance than any other drone in the £300 price segment.
- Flying Time: Up to 25 Minutes
- Control Range: 1000 Meters
- Camera: 1/2.3” CMOS – 4K & 12 MP photos
The Jettime X-7 is an advanced Foldable drone that comes with a camera sensor that can capture the footage in 1680p. The camera comes with a 120-degree FOV and 90-degree adjustable angle which can be helpful in exploring the different Angles. The drone also comes with advances features such as Selfie, mode, GPS Assisted Flight, follow me mode, headless mode, first-person view and many more.
No products found.
It also supports the 5G Wi-Fi transmission and it can provide the fluent live video from up to 1300 ft. Overall, the Jettime X-7 is a great drone that is capable of taking good photos and videos. You can get this drone for £299.99
- Flying Time: 30 Minutes
- Control Range: 1300 feet
- Camera: 4k Adjustable Camera with 120-degree FOV and 90-degree Adjustable angle.
The Potensic D88 comes with tons of great features and specs which make it a great contender for your next drone. Potensic D88 comes with a 2K FHD camera which is capable of 5G WiFi transmission from up to 1640 ft. to 2624 ft. without any delay. The drone features the 110-degree wide-angle camera which can help you capture some great footage. The built-in one-axis gimbal will ensure that you record the smooth footage without any issues.
No products found.
The Potensic D88 also comes with useful features such as GPS intelligent return, follow me mode, interest point surrounds, altitude hold, ultrasonic altitude setting, optical flow position, orbit flight and many more. The 3400 mAh battery provides a flight time of 20 minutes. Overall, Potensic D88 offers a complete package without breaking your bank.
- Flying Time: 20 Minutes
- Control Range: 1640 ft. to 2624 ft.
- Camera: 2K FHD Adjustable Camera with 110-degree FOV and 90-degree Adjustable angle.
Parrot Bebop 2
Parrot is a very popular drone company that is known for its totally awesome drones. The Parrot Bebop 2 is one of the best drones you can get under £300. It comes with the flight time of 25 minutes and you can control the drone using the FreeFlight 3 app which is available for both Android and IOS.
- for multiple cooking tasks, scraping and spreading and much more with a nylon core for ultimate durability
- Graduated edges and flexible, easy scrape silicone bends with the contours of r bowls, plates and pans to scrape up every last drop
- Anti-scratch, for use on non-stick surfaces without damage
- Odour, stain and heat resistant to temperatures as high as 260 degrees Celsius / 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Coated with the highest quality European grade food safe silicone (LFGB) - complete with a five year guarantee
The drone can be controlled for up to 300 meters but if you want to extend the range, you can buy the SkyController which extends the control range to 2 Kilometers. The camera in Parrot Bebop 2 is capable of taking HD videos and 14 MP photos. The fisheye lens camera provides the 180 degrees FOV. The camera also comes with digital image stabilization which can provide stable footage. Overall, Parrot Bebop 2 is a great drone for the beginners as well as drone enthusiasts. You can get it for £268.02.
- Flying Time: 25 Minutes
- Control Range: 300 Meters (2 KM with SkyController)
- Camera: Fish Eye Lens with 180-degree FOV – HD Videos & 14 MP Photos.
Just over £300 – HUBSAN ZINO Pro
If you can stretch your budget to approx £400 then you can get the HUBSAN ZINO Pro which provides great performance. It comes with 4k UHD Camera which can help you capture footage in 3840 x 2160 with 30 Fps. The camera is equipped with 3-axis gimbal which can help you take the stable footage.
The drone also comes with features such as GPS + GLONASS, Vision Auxiliary Landing, Orbiting, Headless mode, line fly mode, image tracking, automatic return home, low power failsafe mode and many more. HUBSAN ZINO Pro comes with a flight time of 23 minutes and it has the control range of 4 KM. If you are an enthusiast and looking for a drone with 4k Recording capability and tons of great features then HUBSAN ZINO Pro is a clear option for you. It is over £300 but the value you are getting here is outstanding.
- Flying Time: 23 Minutes
- Control Range: 4 Kilometers
- Camera: 4K UHD Camera with 3-axis gimbal.
Best Drones Under 300 – The Bottom Line
These are some of the best drones you can buy under £300. We would recommend you check the reviews and detailed specifications of each drone and then pick the one which fits your requirements. In my opinion, the best drones under 300 are the DJI Phantom 3 and the Parrot Bebop 2. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.
If you enjoyed this article on the best Drones Under 300 GBP, you might also like to read about the best selfie drone and the best drones under 150 GBP. Also check out this parrot airborne cargo mars drone review.