Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Whenever you think of drones, do you think of a large one that includes endless features, or one that is so small you can literally put it in your pocket?
Well, pocket drones have brought an entirely new perspective on drones to the table. A lot of people might not know that pocket drones exist. And, some people assume that they’re useless pieces of junk that can barely turn on, never mind fly; but this assumption isn’t true!
Pocket drone is a flying device with a camera mounted on top to record photos/videos and is controlled remotely by a user. These devices can be piloted either by a proprietary controller or a smartphone app.
Uses of a Pocket Drone
Pocket drones can be used for numerous reasons:
- Capturing aerial photos and videos.
- Shooting movie scenes and other commercial stuff.
- Surveying dangerous territories in war zones.
- Searching for missing people in remote locations.
- Product delivery via drone, which is being tested by e-commerce giants like Google and Amazon.
The Best Pocket Drones
In this blog post we’ll discuss the best pocket drone money could buy. The following reviews include the best pocket drones with their pros and cons in low to high price order:
TENKER Mini RC Drone for Kids
Portable Pocket Quadcopter with Altitude Hold Mode, One-Key Take-Off & Landing, 3D Flips and Headless Mode, Easy to Fly for Beginners
If you’re looking for a pocket drone that’s not much expensive and has a couple of much-needed features and functions, the TENEKER Mini Drone is guaranteed to steal your heart away. This pocket drone comes with three-speed adjustment, two charging points, altitude hold mode and much more. The package includes one drone, four propellers, one controller, four propeller guards, one propeller crowbar, one USB cable, one screw driver and one user manual.
- Cheap and best for beginners
- 3D actions flip available, i.e. the drone can roll forwards, backward, left and right at the touch of a button
- Extremely convenient to charge with two charging points
- One key take off and landing
- Flight time is 8 to 10 minutes
- Only for kids/beginners and not for experts
Cheerwing Syma X20 Mini Drone for Kids and Beginners
RC Quadcopter with Auto Hovering Headless Mode
This drone is the newest one, upgraded with multi features, more stable and more suitable for kids and novice users. It comes with one key 360 degrees roll, altitude hold mode, one key takeoff and landing and much more functions. The package includes one drone, four propellers, one transmitter, one screw-driver, one USB cable and one manual.
- Mini size, great fun
- Headless mode, which makes flight easier
- LED lights for night flights
- Can fly up to 50 meters
- Flying time is just 5 minutes
- Takes a long time to charge
Syma X20 RC Drone Mini Pocket Drone
LED RC Quadcopter Micro Quads Altitude Hold Headless RC Quad Copter
This Syma X20 RC Drone Mini Pocket Drone comes with a 360 degrees stunt flip, low voltage as well as over current protection and built in 6-Axis Gyro Stabilizer. Great for beginners! The package includes: one drone, one remote control, an English user manual, four blades and one USB cable.
- Ensures good stability of flight
- Colorful flashing lights
- Comes with 3D action flips
- One touch down function helps in protecting the drone in case of low battery
- Flying time is less than 5 minutes
- Most suitable for indoors
Newest Syma X20 Mini Pocket Drone
Headless Mode 2.4Ghz Nano LED RC Quadcopter Altitude Hold Gold
The Newest Syma X20 comes is an upgraded drone with great features. It can easily achieve various flight movements, and much easier to control. Once the fuselage direction cannot be recognized, it can enter headless mode so as to continue the flight. It helps the beginner to get the hang of directional control within several minutes. The package includes one drone, one user manual, one remote and one USB cable.
- Comes with 6-Axis Gyro Quad-Rotorcraft for various flight movements
- One key takeoff and landing
- 360 degrees stunt flip
- Altitude hold mode and LED lights for night flight
- Flying time is 5 minutes
- Takes a long time to charge
SYMA X22W Mini Drone with Camera
Live Video FPV Pocket Drone for Kids and Beginners, RC Quadcopter with App Control, Altitude Hold, 3D Flips, Headless Mode and Bonus Battery
The SYMA X22W Mini Drone with Camera is actually a user-friendly pocket drone with real time live video camera. Built in 720P HD camera, it takes and records high definition photos and videos from the sky. The drone is easy to control with full crash protection and app control feature.
The package includes one drone, two batteries, one transmitter, four extra propellers, one USB cable, one charge box, one mobile phone retaining clip, one screwdriver and one user manual.
- It’s a compact drone with video recording feature, which makes it extremely useful for beginners
- The drone has built-in G-Sensor, which is designed to control the drone by adjusting the vertical and horizontal position of the smartphone.
- Stable and traceable
- Made up of high quality ABS material, to prevent from sudden shock or drop.
- Comes with 12 months warranty and 24 hours of after-sales service.
- Takes a longer time to charge
- Comes with sensitive joysticks
You might also like to read about the best folding drones on the market in 2020.