Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
DJI is one of the best drone companies in the world and it is known for its quality drones. The company has developed some of the iconic drones series such as DJI Phantom and DJI Mavic which are loved by the thousands of drones’ enthusiasts around the world. DJI offers an extensive range of drones and today we will compare the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Spark. In this comprehensive guide, we will compare both drones in terms of pricing, features, camera, and battery performance which will help you know which drone is best for you. Let’s get started on the DJI Mavic Mini Vs DJI Spark.
DJI Mavic Mini Vs DJI Spark: Features
When it comes to features, both drones are equipped with tons of great features. DJI Spark comes with many advanced features such as Active Track, TapFly, QuickShots, Gesture Mode, and many more. The feature such as Active Track allows your drone to follow the desired subjects.
Similarly, the DJI Mavic Mini is also equipped with many useful features such as QuickShots, FlyCam, Active Track, and more. As both drones are designed by the same companies, both drones share many common features. However, the DJI Spark comes with some advanced features such as Gesture Controls.
- FEATURES: Weighing just 249 grams, Mavic Mini is extremely light and portable. Due to its lightweight design, Mavic Mini is placed inside the lowest and safest weight class of drones
- GIMBAL CAMERA: With a 12MP camera capable of shooting 2.7K Quad HD videos and a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, Mavic Mini provides ultra-clear, super smooth footage of your everyday adventures
- REMOTE CONTROLLER: A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD video feed at a distance of up to 2 Km. Detachable control sticks can be stored inside the remote controller for added portability
- FLY WITH EASE: The new DJI Fly App offers a simple and intuitive user Experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots. It even has flight tutorial to help you get started quickly and safely
- IN THE BOX: Aircraft, Remote Controller, Intelligent Flight Battery, Pair of Spare Propellers, Micro USB Cable, Gimbal Protector, Spare Screw, RC Cables, Screwdriver
DJI Mavic Mini Vs DJI Spark: Camera Performance
When it comes to Camera Performance, the Mavic Mini outshines the DJI Spark. DJI Mavic Mini is capable of recording 2.7K footage 30 FPS and it comes with 3-axis gimbal which ensures that you get the smooth footage. On the other hand, the DJI Spark can only record FHD footage with 60 GSP and it comes with 2-axis gimbal for smooth footage. If you are looking for the best footage then you can’t go wrong with DJI Mavic Mini.
- FLY EASY: The DJI Spark is very easy to use thanks to DJI's various signature technologies. You will be able to fly the drone for up to 16 minutes at a time with a fully-charged battery.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMERA: The DJI Spark has a high-performance camera allowing you to take amazing images and videos thanks to its 2-axis mechanical gimbal stabilisation system.
- INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES: The DJI Spark has smart, reliable and intuitive flight modes letting you shoot pictures and videos exactly how you want them. It is also compatible with DJI Goggles.
- HD WI-FI VIDEO TRANSMISSION: The DJI Spark drone comes with a remote controller, which allows for 720p real-time video transmission from up to 1.2 mi (2 km) away.
- ABOUT DJI: As a Chinese technology company based in Shenzhen, commonly referred to as the Chinese Silicon Valley, DJI is a leader in drones for aerial photography and videography.
DJI Mavic Mini Vs DJI Spark: Battery Performance
In terms of battery performance, the DJI Mavic Mini is also much better than the DJI Spark. DJI Mavic Mini comes with a 2600 mAh battery and it offers the flight time of 30 minutes. DJI Spark comes with 1480 mAh Battery and it offers the flight time of only 16 minutes.
DJI Mavic Mini Vs DJI Spark: Pricing
DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Spark belong to entry-level market and both drones come with tons of great features and specs. If we compare the pricing, DJI Spark is available for $499 and DJI Mavic Mini is available for $399. If we consider the pricing and other features, we think that DJI Mavic Mini offers better value for money as compared to DJI Spark.
DJI Mavic Mini & DJI Spark are two of the best drones available out there and both drones offer great performance as well. If you are looking for a drone that is capable of recording high-quality footage and great flight time then DJI Mavic Mini is an ideal option. If you want a drone with advanced features such as Gesture Control then you can’t go wrong with DJI Spark. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.
If you can’t quite stretch the budget to a Mavic Mini or DJI spark, have a look at this article on the best drones under 300.