The drone market is flooded with every type of drone and it is pretty difficult to find the right drone. If you are a beginner then you should look for a drone under £150 because the drones in this price segment are considered ideal for beginners for various reasons. For example, drones under £150 still come with many great features and good control which helps you learn how to fly a drone. Once you are comfortable flying the beginner’s drone then you can go for more expensive and advanced drones. In this comprehensive guide, join me in my search for the best drone under 150. Let’s get started.
What can you expect in a drone for £150?
There are tons of drone companies out there and they offer a variety of features in their budget drones to attract the customers. It is also very difficult to clearly define what you get in drone under £150 because each company offers its own set of unique features. However, you can expect the following or better specs in a drone under £150.
- You can expect a flight time of more than 8 minutes.
- The drones under £150 are designed for beginners so you can expect pretty simple controls.
- Some drones also come with features such as Gesture control, headless mode, altitude hold and others
- You can also expect a 720p or better camera in the drones under £150
What is the Best Drone under £150
Now you know what features you can expect in drones under £150. Let’s get to the best drones in this price segment.
DEERC DE25 Drone
The DEERC DE25 is one of the best drones in the £150 price segment. In this drone, you get the 1080p FHD camera which comes with 90-degree vertical tilt gimbal which will ensure that you get the best videos with great stability. The drone also offers a flight time of 18 minutes which you usually don’t get in this price segment.
- Better Picture and Steadier Video: 1080p HD camera and 90° vertical tilt Gimbal capturing clearly photos and more stable video
- Long Flight Time: Powerful battery offering flight time up to 18min, give you more flight experience
- Fun to Fly: Follow Me, Tap-Fly, Hand Gestures, Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and One Key Start/Landing functions gives you more fun and easy to access for kids or beginners
- Flying Safer: GPS positioning prevent the drone being lost, performs auto-return when the drone in low power, loss signal, or out of range
- Portable and Foldable：Design to be portable and carry wherever, Not FAA Registration required
The DE25 also comes with some advanced features such as Follow me, Tap-Fly, Hand Gestures, Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and many more. Its foldable design also makes it very portable. You can get this drone for just £149.
Potensic T18 is another very capable drone that comes with a 1080p FHD Camera which comes with a 75-degree adjustable angle. T18 offers the flying time of 10 minutes which is average flying time for the drones in this price segment. It comes with features such as Headless mode, altitude hold, follow me mode, Auto Hover function, 9-axis gyro for stable flight and one key takeoff and landing feature for easier flight operations. In my opinion, this is the best drone under 150 on the market today.
Moreover, it also comes with the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems which provide accurate positioning. Overall, the Potensic T18 offers a great package for just £109.
The SNAPTAIN SP500 is a 5G capable drone that comes with the 1080p FHD, 110-degree wide-angle camera which helps you take the high-quality footage. The drone also comes with advanced features such as GPS Auto Return feature which allows the drone to come back if the battery gets low.
SP500 also comes with features such as Gesture Control, Follow me Mode, Drawing a route and many more. It provides the flight time of 15 minutes and you can control the drone for up to 200 meters. You can also extend the flight time to 30 minutes by using the modular batteries. Overall, SNAPTAIN SP500 is an excellent drone in this price segment and you should give it a look. You can get it for £129.
Holy Stone HS100G
Holy Stone HS100 is another high-quality drone that is capable of providing 1080p footage with the 110-degree field of view. The drone also comes with advanced GPS Auto Rerun feature which ensures that your drone gets back to you if the battery gets low.
- The Largest & Wind-Resistant: Large body and powerful motors keep drone hovering stably in wind. Headless Mode, Altitude Hold and One Key Takeoff and Landing for easier operation. Perfect for beginners. Size 16.9*16.9*6.9 IN
- 2K Optimized 120° FOV FPV 5GHz Wi-Fi Camera: 90° Adjustable angle, captures high-quality video and aerial photos. You can enjoy the Real-Time Viewing right from your remote control. Ideal selfie done, catching every moment of your vacation from a birds-eye perspective. 5GHz WIFI enables clearer and farther FPV images transmission
- Easy to Assemble & Carry: The foldable propellers are pre-assembled. Just insert camera, landing gears and battery. Then, get it take off. Besides, the foldable propellers makes it easy to keep the drone or take it out.
- GPS Assisted Flight: Provides you with accurate positioning details of your drone. Built in Return-to-Home (RTH) function for safer fly, the drone will automatically return to home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is weak when flying out of range, never worrying about losing the drone. Follow Me Mode: The drone will automatically follows and captures you wherever you move. Keeping you in the frame at all times, easier to get complex shots, provides hands-free flying and selfie
- Flying Time Up to 18 Mins / Longer Control Distance: Capacity of 3500mAh high performance battery and reaching up to 1968FT control distance giving you a more extensive flight experience. BLADES ARE UNDER THE FOAM BOX
HS100G also comes with advanced features such as Follow Me Mode, Emergency Stop, Headless Mode, Auto Hovering and LED Lights. The drone also provides the flight time of 13 minutes which is the average flight time for the drones in this price segment. Overall, Holy Stone HS100G is a great drone and you can get it for £129. The only downside of this drone is that it doesn’t come with foldable design so if you are looking for a foldable drone then this is not the one for you.
DJI Tello Ryze
DJI Tello Ryze is an entry-level drone which is designed for the beginners. In the drone, you get the flight time of 13 minutes and it comes with the 720p HD Camera. The drone is also capable of doing flying stuns and you can also program it if you know the programming. You will need to use the “Scratch” programming language to program the drone.
- EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT: This small drone fits in your palm and only weighs 80g. However, its durable design combined with DJI’s flight technologies ensure that you can always fly with confidence
- PERFORM FLYING STUNTS: You can also perform eight different flips by sliding your finger on the screen as well as letting it fly up and down from your hand in Bounce Mode
- 13 MIN FLIGHT TIME: Tello’s high-capacity battery offers an impressively long flight time, giving it one of the longest flight times in the mini-drone category
- PROGRAMMABLE: You can learn the basics of programming while having fun. By using Scratch, an MIT-developed coding system, you will be able to program your own flight patterns with the Tello
- IN THE BOX: Aircraft x 1; Propellers (Pair) x 4; Propeller Guards (Set) x 1; Battery x 1; Micro USB Cable x 1
The drone is also pretty lightweight which makes it ideal to use indoor. However, it will suffer in the strong winds. Overall, it is an ideal drone for kids and beginners. You can get it for £93 from Amazon. If you want some extra batteries then you can get the Tello Boost Combo which will cost you £138. Tello Boost Combo comes with 3 extra batteries which extend the flight time.
Hubsan H501A is another very powerful drone that you can get for £150. It comes with the 1080p FHD camera which helps you short high-quality videos and photos. It also comes with some advanced features such as Headless Mode, Automatic Return, Altitude Hold, and one key return mode.
- Compatible with App and Google Play, can be controlled by cellphone Ipad via WiFi
- Set Waypoints On The GPS Map To Make Photography Easier
- 1080p FHD camera permits a high-quality video shooting and photo taking experience
- Built-in GPS goes with accurate positioning,Headless Mode, Automatic return, Altitude Hold
- Flight Time can reach up to 15~20 Minutes
The drone also comes with GPS Altitude mode which allows the drone to hover at a certain altitude. It offers a flight time of 20 minutes and a control distance of only 200 meters. Overall, Hubsan H501A offers great value for money.
These are some of the Best Drones under £150. All of these drones come with tons of great features and you can pick the one which fits your requirements. My best drone under 150 is the Potensic T18. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.
If you enjoyed this blog on the best drone under 150 you might also like to read about: