Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Welcome to today’s blog – the Snaptain SP650 Review. Could this be the Best Value 2K Drone?
Design and Build Quality
Let’s start our review by evaluating the design of the Snaptain SP650. When you take a first look at the drone, you see the clear similarities with the DJI Phantom Series Drones. It’s certainly not a bad thing because the DJI Phantom Series Drones played an important role in making drones popular. It’s also a fact that DJI Phantom Series Drones comes with a very refined design, which is really good in terms of aerodynamics.
So, the design of the Snaptain SP650 is very similar to DJI Phantom Series drones, but it does have some unique elements of its own. For example, the rotors have a tan color hint, which gives them a very cool look. The biggest downside of Snaptain SP650 is that it doesn’t come with a foldable design, which makes it difficult to carry around.
Also, the Snaptain SP650 comes with the really good build quality. The drone may seem a bit fragile in terms of looks, but it feels very sturdy in the hands, and it can easily handle minor impacts. However, like most drones, we don’t think it will survive the major hit. So, make sure that you don’t crash your drone on a hard surface. The overall design and build quality of the Snaptain SP650 is really good.
- Camera Drone with Better Views: 2K FHD camera captures crystal clear aerial photos and videos. With 120° FOV and 90° adjustable design, you can catch every moment of your adventure from a bird-eye perspective
- Intelligent Voice & Gesture Control: SNAPTAIN drones are the only drones with smart voice control and gesture control. You can speak to control the flying direction, or pose to the camera to trigger photo/video shooting, adding fun to your flight
- Multiple Flight Modes: SP650 2K is a versatile drone. It can perform stunts like 360° flip, circle fly, and high-speed rotation. Combined with trajectory flight which allows you to draw flying course on your phone, SP650 drone brings you spectacular flying experiences
- Easy to Learn: Upon just one tap, the drone will Take off/Land or Return back automatically. It also equipped with Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, and 3 Speeds Switch functions, super friendly to beginners, newbies, and even kids
- More Considerate Designs: To ensure safety and numerous fun, SP650 drone is designed with Out-of-Control Protection Technology and Lower Battery Alarm. Each battery providing 12 mins of flying time, you can get up to 24 mins with TWO batteries supplied
The Snaptain SP650 is ready to fly a drone, which means that it doesn’t require any special configuration, and you can ready to use it out of the box. When it comes to the flying experience, it’s very pleasant because the drone comes with various assistive features that make it easier to operate the drone.
For starters, you get the gravity control mode, where you will be using your smartphone to control the drone. For example, if you want to move the drone in the right direction, move your smartphone in the right direction, and the drone will follow.
Another nifty feature of the Snaptain SP650 is its voice control, which allows you to control the drone with voice commands. For example, if you want the drone to take off, just say “Take Off,” and the drone will follow. Similarly, you can use other commands like take left and take right to control the direction.
The drone is also equipped with many cool features like Circle and Speed Rotation. In Circle mode, the drone flies in small circles. Similarly, in speed rotations, the drone will hover around one place and rotate at a very high speed.
The Snaptain SP650 also comes with a trajectory flight feature, which allows you to draw the path on your smartphone, and the drone follows. However, this feature is not very accurate due to the fact that it doesn’t come with GPS, which can be a deal-breaker for some people.
One of the main highlights of the Snaptain SP650 is its camera, which is a 2K FHD Camera. The camera sensor in the Snaptain SP650 comes with a 120 degree Field of View and 90-degree adjustable design, which makes it easier to capture a large area in a single shot. The camera records the video in 2K Resolution at 25 FPS. You get the option to save the video in SD Card, or you can directly live stream it on your smartphone.
The overall camera performance of the Snaptain SP650 is great. It is capable of taking amazing photos and videos. As it doesn’t come with the gimbal, so expect some shakiness in the video. However, you can overcome this problem with Altitude hold, which allows the drone to lock its altitude at a certain height, and you can take stable videos.
The Snaptain SP650 comes with a 1000 mAh battery, which provides a 10-12 minutes flight on a single charge. The great thing about the Snaptain SP650 is that it comes with batteries, which means that you will get ~24 minutes of flight time, which is pretty remarkable. When it comes to charging, the battery takes around 120 minutes to fully recharge, which is not a long time. The overall battery performance of the Snaptain SP650 is outstanding.
Pros and Cons of the Snaptain SP650
In this section, we will share the pros and cons of the Snaptain SP650.
- Great Design
- Good Build Quality
- Various great features like Headless Mode, Altitude Hold, and Trajectory Flight.
- Offers different ways to control drones like Voice control and Gravity Control.
- High-Quality Camera
- Incredible Battery Life (Up to 24 Minutes with 2 Batteries)
- No Unique Design
What’s the Alternative to the Snaptain SP650?
The Snaptain SP650 is one of the best 2K Drones available out there, and if you want a capable 2K Drone with excellent battery life, you should consider this one. However, if you want an alternative, you can go for Holy Stone HS100 Drone, which comes with a pretty similar design but slightly better battery life and features.
If you are interested, you can check the details in: