Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
There are so many types of drone available and here are the best buy drones in the following categories…
- Kids Drones
- Starter Drones
- Mid Range Drones
- Professional Drones
- Underwater Drones
- Fishing Drones
Kids Drones are also known as “Toy Drones” because they are designed for kids to play with. These drones mainly focus on safety as they usually come with protection around the propellers to protect your kids. Kids drones are also usually equipped with some entry-level features such as 360 Degree flip, LEDs, colorful body, and other features that attract kids. These types of drones are also relatively easier to fly and they come with easy control so that your kid could fly it with ease.
When it comes to kids drones, you can expect the flight time of around 5-10 minutes. The price of kids drones mainly depends on the type of drone you want to get. Kids drones that don’t come with cameras and other advanced features are relatively less expensive. You can easily find a good kid drone under £50.
In our opinion, Air Hogs Hyper Drift Drone is one of the best kids drones available out there. It is a very capable drone and it comes with a cage-like structure that ensures the safety of your kid. The drone is also equipped with a stunt button and 2-speed modes. You can read the complete review of Air Hogs Hyper Drift on our website. You can also check our guide on “Best Drone for Kids” to find the best kids drones for your kids.
- Fast-moving drone vehicle.
- Drive unit simply flies on as a drone after crash or eject.
- 2.4 GHz control, for children from 8 years old.
- 1 Hyper Drift drone, colour:green, 1x charging cable, 1x remote control, 1 x instructions (English language not guaranteed).
Starter drones are drones which are geared toward the entry-level drone users. These drones usually come with features such as altitude hold, headless mode, and other assistive features that help you in flying drones. Starter drones usually also come with cameras that you can use to capture footage or take selfies but these cameras are normally 720p so quality will be average. You can easily find a good starter drone under £150 with great features.
In our opinion, Snaptain A15 and Parrot Mambo Fly are two of the best buy drones out there for new starters. Snaptain A15 is equipped with 720p HD FPV Camera and features such as Trajectory Fly, Headless Mode, One Key Return, and many more. On the other hand, Parrot Mambo Fly is a programmable drone and it comes with advanced stabilization which offers the best drone flying experience. If you are looking for more variety of starter drones then you check our “Best Drone under 150” guide where we have shared some of the finest best by drones for beginners.
- Control the drone easily using smartphone or tablet through the free flight mini application available on iOS and android
- Unique "free fall" take-off system allows Mambo to be hand launched.
- Write code for your drone through partner applications and marvel as Mambo executes your commands
- Perform tricks and flips with a selection of presents available in the app
Mid-Range Drones are considered the ideal option for those people who want to get great features without spending a lot of money. Mid-Range drones come with better cameras such as 1080p or better which help you capture some amazing footage and photos. These drones are usually also equipped with great features such as Follow Me Mode, Gesture Control, GPS Return home, and other useful features. You can easily find a good mid-range drone under £400.
The SNAPTAIN SP500 is one of the top best buy drones in the market right now. It comes with the foldable design and wide array of useful features such as Follow Me Mode, Gesture Control, Auto Hover, and circle fly, which make it a very capable drone. It also comes with a 1080p HD camera which can capture some great footage. If you need a mid-range drone with better image quality then you can consider the DJI Mavic Mini which comes with 2.7K camera and it offers the flight time of up to 30 minutes. Mavic Mini is also equipped with 3-Axis gimbal which means you will get the stabilized footage. SNAPTAIN SP500 and DJI Mavic Mini are two very capable mid-range drones and you can’t go wrong with either of them.
- FEATURES: Weighing just 249 grams, Mavic Mini is extremely light and portable. Due to its lightweight design, Mavic Mini is placed inside the lowest and safest weight class of drones
- GIMBAL CAMERA: With a 12MP camera capable of shooting 2.7K Quad HD videos and a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, Mavic Mini provides ultra-clear, super smooth footage of your everyday adventures
- REMOTE CONTROLLER: A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD video feed at a distance of up to 2 Km. Detachable control sticks can be stored inside the remote controller for added portability
- FLY WITH EASE: The new DJI Fly App offers a simple and intuitive user Experience, enabling you to create cinematic shots. It even has flight tutorial to help you get started quickly and safely
- IN THE BOX: Aircraft, Remote Controller, Intelligent Flight Battery, Pair of Spare Propellers, Micro USB Cable, Gimbal Protector, Spare Screw, RC Cables, Screwdriver
As the name suggests, Professional drones are designed for the professionals and these drones come with top of the line specs and features. Professional drones are mainly used for aerial photography, videography, cinematography, surveying, etc. You can expect features such as 4K Camera, built-in Gimbal, Gestures support, auto-return home, and other useful features in professional cameras. Professional drones also come with great battery life and you can expect the 25 minutes+ battery life from professional drones.
The best example of Professional Drone is DJI Phantom 4 Pro which is trusted by hundreds of professionals out there. It comes with a 4K camera that features the mechanical shutter and top of the line features to fulfil the needs of any professional job. It also offers an average flight time of around 30 minutes. If you are looking for a best professional drone then you can’t go wrong with DJI Phantom 4.
- 1 Inch, 20-megapixel sensor
- Able to shoot 4K at 60fps
- Mechanical shutter
- Obstacle sensing in 5 directions
- Remote controller without built-in screen
Underwater drones are basically the mini-submarines that you can use underwater. These drones usually come with features such as waterproofing and high-quality cameras which allow you to capture the high-quality footage underwater. As the signals usually have reception issues underwater, that’s why these drones come with dedicated remote controllers to control them. You can use underwater drones for various purposes such as underwater exploration, fishing, and more. Underwater Drones can be expensive and their prices can go as high as £1000 depending on the features & quality of the drone.
The Power Vision Power dolphin Wizard is one of the best underwater drones in the market. It comes with the 4K camera and advanced features such as intelligent fishing and waypoint mapping which can be pretty useful underwater. It also comes with a powerful controller which allows you to control the drone up to 0.5 miles.
- 220° dual-joint 4K camera
- Image transmission up to 800m
- 2h ultra-long battery life
- Path navigation and auto-return
- The highest speed of 4.5 m/s
Fishing drones are the drones that you can use for fishing. These drones are the regular drones but they come with features such as High-definition cameras, greater range, and flight time which make them ideal for fishing.
You can use these drones to find the best fishing spots, dropping baits, and for other purposes. The price range of fishing drones can vary from drone to drone and it can go up to £2000. The drones such as Yuneec Typhoon H Pro and 3DR Solo Quadcopter are some of the best fishing drones out there. You can find the complete list of best drones for fishing our website.