Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
The Hubsan H501S is a very popular drone in the market which comes with some impressive specs and features on paper. It’s also the Amazon choice drone, and it has tons of positive reviews as well. So we decided to give it a shot, and we will share our thoughts with you. In this detailed review we will tell you everything you need to know about the Hubsan H501S. Let’s dive into it.
In this the Hubsan H501S review, which will give you a better understanding, and will help you know if the Hubsan H501S is the right drone for you. We will judge the drone based on the following aspects:
- Design and Build Quality
- Flying Experience
- Camera Performance
- Battery Performance
- Pros and Cons of Hubsan H501S Review
Design and Build Quality
Let’s start with the design of the Hubsan H501S because we think that’s one of the major highlights of this drone. Hubsan are known for their awesome designs, and we believe that the Hubsan H501S features some of the most elegant design. It comes with the classic matte black with golden patches, which gives a very premium look to the drone. In terms of design the only downside is that the camera is fixed, but it’s a normal thing when it comes to drones in this price range.
If we consider the build quality, then the Hubsan H501S is also pretty good. The drone feels sturdy enough, but as it comes with the plastic build (just like most drones), we don’t think it can handle severe crashes. However, it can handle the minor crashes pretty well. Overall, the Hubsan H501S is a pretty good drone in terms of design and build quality, and we are satisfied with it.
- 【HUBSAN H501S Functions】:5.8G FPV Real-time Video Transmission,1080P HD Camera, Follow Me Mode, Headless Mode, Altitude mode, Automatic Return, Fail-safe Mode, GPS accurate positioning location.
- 【Structures】: Strong stability with 6 Axis Gyro, stronger wind resistance, easier to control. Unmatched Brushless Motor is made by the superb technology, more powerful and more durable
- 【Drone with Camera】:5.8G FPV with 1080P HD camera are tuned amazingly to capture stunning pictures and videos from the sky. Built-in GPS(Universal version) positioning system, the accurate positioning location, perfect advanced follower.
- 【Power and Distance】: The intelligent battery with large capacity extends the flying time last to 20 minutes 5.8G wireless video transmission distance:300m, Max Flight radius:300m(H501SS Standard Version)
- 【Protection&Care】: The drone will enter into a fail-safe mode when the connection is lost from the transmitter. The flight control system will control the quadcopter to return to the home point and land automatically. The fail-safe mode helps to avoid further injuries or damages. We set a UK warehouse to easier to offer backup and free accessories.
The Hubsan H501S comes with a very comprehensive controller, which you can use to control the drone. It has a slight learning curve, but it’s not very steep, and you can quickly learn the different functions of the controller after spending some time with it.
It comes with a 4.3 inch LCD display, which offers the first-person view (FPV) from the drone. The drone is also equipped with a 6-axis gyroscope, which provides the ultimate stability in the air. On top of that, it comes with an array of useful features, which makes the overall flying experience more pleasant. The Hubsan H501S comes with the following useful features.
- Follow Me Mode: It’s a must-have feature in any good drone as it allows the drone to follow you. It’s a handy feature if you want to record any action or adventure.
- GPS Positioning: Hubsan H501S comes with a built-in GPS sensor, which allows the drone to position it according to GPS satellites, and it offers accurate positioning.
- Altitude Hold: It’s another very useful feature that allows the drone to hold the altitude. You can use this feature to take stunning videos or photos.
- Orbit Mode: It’s also known as the point of interest mode where the drone orbits around a point of interest.
- Fail-safe Mode: It’s a useful feature that ensures that you don’t lose your drone if you lost the connection. As it’s a very common issue in the urban areas, having this feature allows you to get your drone back and save your investment.
These are some of the features which you can use to have the best flying experience. Our experience with the Hubsan H501S was pretty good, and you will also love it.
The Hubsan H501S comes with the FHD camera, which you can use to take great photos and videos. It’s also capable of live-transmission, and you can have the view of the drone on the remote control. The overall video quality of the camera is good, and it can take decent shots. However, the video won’t be very smooth as it doesn’t come with any gimbal, but very few drones in this price range come with gimbals.
The drone is also capable of capturing some good photos. The overall camera performance of the Hubsan H501S is pretty good, and it’s much better than many drones in this price range. So, if you are looking for a drone with a decent camera, then this drone is a good option for you.
Battery Performance is an area where many drones don’t perform very well. But, we are happy to inform you that the Hubsan H501S is better than the average entry level drone, and it offers pretty good battery performance.
The Hubsan H501S comes with 1300 mAh Li-Po Battery, which offers the flight time of 20 minutes. We also ran multiple tests, and we got an average of 20 minutes, which is a pretty impressive flight time. If we consider the charging time, it’s around 3 and a half hours, which is pretty long. So, we would recommend you to get the extra battery, and you can use it to extend the flight time.
Pros and Cons of The Hubsan H501S
The Hubsan H501S is a great drone, but it also has its pros and cons. Let’s take a look.
- Great Design
- Solid Build Quality
- Good Features
- Offers great stability with 6-axis gyroscope
- Great Battery Life of 20 minutes
- 1080p FHD Camera
- 5.8 GHz FPV
- No Gimbal
- Charging time is 3 and a half hours (210 Minutes).
Conclusion on the Hubsan H501S
The Hubsan H501S is one of the best drones out there, and it comes with all bells and whistles, which you can expect from a good drone. It comes with a high quality camera, great design, solid build quality, and tons of great features. You also get the above-average battery life as well, which is a great plus.
Overall Hubsan H501S offers a great package of both features and performance. So, if you are looking for a quality drone with a good camera and great features, then this is surely the best option for you. Now you tell us what you think? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. Also visit our website for more useful guides.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about the Best Hubsan Drones.