Dronetester.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Selfies are the big deal these days and you can use them to capture the beautiful moments with your friends and loved ones. For years, the smartphone industry has focused on advertising smartphones as the best way to take the selfies but people have realized that smartphones are not good at taking selfies. In the meantime, drones have emerged as an ideal choice for taking selfies. There are various types of drones available out there which you can use for different purposes. Selfie Drones are the ones that can help you take some awesome selfies and they come with tons of advanced features. In this guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Selfie Drones and we will also share the best selfie drone of 2020.
Why have selfie drones become popular?
Selfie drones are very popular because of the fact that they are smart and portable. For example, selfie drones come with “Follow me” mode which makes the drone autonomous and the drone follows you around and you can instruct the drone to cover you from different angles.
Another reason why drones are very popular is that they are very easy to use. You can easily control them with your smartphone and they have the ability to take selfies from different angles which smartphones can’t. This unique blend of advanced features and great usability makes the drones an ideal choice for taking a selfie.
Things to consider when buying a selfie drone?
Not all drones are made equal so should pick the selfie drone according to your requirement. In our opinion, you should consider the following things when buying the selfie drone.
- Price is one of the major things which you should consider when buying the drone. The prices of entry-level selfie drones are cheap while the prices of selfie drones with advanced features are comparatively expensive.
- Image Quality is another important factor. Selfie drones come with different cameras so their image quality would depend on the camera they have. When buying the selfie drone, you should read the details of the camera sensor in the drone and analyze if it would fit your requirements or not.
- Selfie drones also come with a wide array of special modes that can enhance your drone flying experience. For example, some drones come with facial recognition and gesture control features which can help you take better selfies.
What is the Best Selfie Drone?
There are tons of selfie drones available out there and it is very difficult to pick the best one. We have handpicked some of the best selfie drones which you can buy in 2020. Personally my favourite selfie drone is the DJI Spark.
Kingtoys JJRC H43WH Foldable Drone
The Kingstoys JJRC H43WH Foldable Drone is one of the most affordable selfie drones out there. It comes with the 720p HD Beauty camera which also features the Auto Beauty Mode for flawless selfies. You can control the drone with your smartphone. This drone also comes with advanced features such as headless mode and altitude hold function.
Kingtoys foldable drone also comes with G-Sensor mode which allows the drone to follow the movement of your phone. You can get this drone for approximately £19.99 and it is an ideal choice for those who want the entry-level selfie drone with decent features.
DeeXop RC Drone (SG900)
The DeeXop RC Drone is another very affordable selfie drone that comes with tons of great features. In this drone, you get the dual cameras which can help you capture some great selfies. It also comes with the gesture support and with “V-Sign” you can instruct the drone to capture the selfie.
Moreover, it also comes with advanced features such as High/low speed, 3D flip, Stable hover and many more to enhance the overall flying experience. It also features the 2200 mAh battery which provides up to 22 minutes of flying time. Overall, DeeXop offers great value for money as well as great features for approximately £42.49.
DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo
DJI is one of the best drone companies and it is known for making awesome drones and the DJI Mavic Air is no exception. It is a pro-level drone and it can help you capture 4k 30 fps footage with great details. DJI Mavic Air is also capable of taking HDR photos and slow-motion videos. The drone incorporates all great features and components which provide the best drone flying experience. Mavic Air is also very portable which makes it easier to move around with the drone.
You can get the DJI drone for approximately £749 but if you want some extra stuff such as extra battery pack and other items then you can go for Fly More Combo. You can get the Fly More Combo for £949. If you are looking for a drone with the best features then DJI Mavic Air is a clear choice.
The DJI Spark is another very capable selfie drone that comes with a wide array of smart features. The drone comes with the built-in 2 Axis Gimbal which can you capture stable videos and photos. The camera sensor is capable of recording FHD Footage and 12 MP photos.
It also comes with some advanced features such as optical positioning system, obstacle detection, gesture control and many more.The DJI Spark provides the flying time of 16 minutes which is good considering the size of the drone. You can get the DJI Spark for approximately £599 and it is comparatively cheaper than DJI Mavic Air. If you want the drone equipped with advanced features and capable of taking great selfies then DJI Spark is a great option for you.
Goolsky SG700 RC Drone
Goolsky SG700 RC Drone is one of the best selfie drones in the budget segment. It comes with advanced features such as automatic return function, optical flow positioning, and altitude hold functions. The 2.0 MP camera is capable of taking some decent photos. However, it can’t take professional-grade photos.
The drone provides the flying time of 8-10 minutes but you can expand it by using the extra batteries which come with the drone. Overall, it is a decent drone and you can gift it to the kids. You can get it for approx. £55.77.
Tips for using your selfie drone
When it comes to selfie drones, we would like to share tips that you can use to enhance your flying experience and protect your selfie drone.
- We would strongly recommend you to read the user manual to know the functionality of your drone. Just like other drones, Selfie drones also have limits e.g. the flying distance limit, flying time, etc. Therefore, before your first flight, you should know its limitation of your selfie drone for safe flight.
- The next thing you should consider is to pick the optimal place for your first flight. You should pick an area which shouldn’t have obstacles such as trees or buildings. Once you are comfortable flying the drone in an open area, you can fly it in the crowded area.
- Last but not the least, make sure that to follow the law and limitation when flying the drone. In the UK, you can’t fly the drone near the Prohibited Area, Restricted areas or military range.
That’s all folks. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comment section below. Also, take a look at some of our other useful guides, such as what are the best folding drones? and this pocket drone buying guide.